If your anything like me one of the things that gets you through the day is chocolate . I am a big chocolate lover . So when I was asked if I would like to create a death by chocolate dipping sauce to accompany some Thomas.J.Fudge’s wonderous white chocolate Florentines. It was an easy yes . well maybe a more YES PLEASE from me .
I got thinking what I could add to my dipping sauce to make it even more tasty . Straight away I knew I wanted to add salted caramel as this is one of my favorite things at the moment . I also wanted to create a dipping sauce that consisted of spice for my partner . As he loves chilli .
So off I went to Tesco and got all the things I needed to make a perfect dipping sauce.
- fill 1/2 a cup with broken up dark chocolate,( you may want to use milk chocolate , this would also work)
- Added 1/4 of a cup of double cream,
- Added in your additional flavours to the desired taste ,
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute (make sure to use a microwave safe bowl/cup )
- Whisk the mixture together until well combined and smooth.
- You may find you need to added in additional flavouring at this point . I also added a touch of sugar to make sure it didn’t taste bitter .
That’s it easy ! Now ready to be served .
This is also a great sauce to use with fresh fruit to make yourself feel a little bit healthy . Be aware that as the sauce cools down it will thicken . You can add a little more cream to thin it back down or place back in the microwave for a few seconds .