I’m on a mission to make sure my children try a wider range of foods. I tend to stick to what I know they will like . Especially with Ava as she has got so picky recently. BritMum’s recently contacted me to see if I would like to take part in their #LoveFreshCherries challenge. Cherries is something I have never given to either of my children . So I though we would give it a go.
Whilst the kids were in bed I thought I would make some cherry Bakewell muffins . Ava is a big lover of cake so I thought I could first introduce cherries to her in cake . This may encourage her to try them. Here’s to hoping anyway.
This recipe is so easy and you can very easily be done with your children.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
To make Cherry Bakewell muffins you will need
- 200g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 80ml milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavouring
- 150g of fresh pitted and quartered cherries
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
When pitting the cherries make sure to have a clear space as it can get messy. The cherries we had were full of juice so I got in a little bit of a mess.
- Preheat over to 200 C / Gas mark 5
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases
- Mix the flour, caster sugar and baking powder into a bowl
- 4. Whisk oil, milk , egg and almond flavouring together in a small bowl. Then pour this into the flour mixture.
- Then fold the cherries into the muffin batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases. Filling them 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle each muffin with some caster sugar and pop them into the oven for 20 mins.
- Once cooked all the way through move onto a wire cooling rack.
Now it’s time to enjoy your yummy cherry Bakewell muffins.
The big taste test would be with Ava to see if she liked them and tries the cherries .
Ava said they were yummy and even asked for more . Winner ! This is such a simple recipe and can even be used with a variety of different fruits. So I’m going to be giving it a try with some other fruits for sure.
I hope you like this recipe and if you do give it a try to please let me know . I would love to know how you get on.
This post is an entry for the BritMums #LoveFreshCherries challenge. Sponsored by love fresh cherries. ( Instagram @LoveFreshCherries).
* We were given a £10 Asda voucher from Britmums to buy products to create this recipe *
Follow me on :