Recently we have been sent some sample butters from Wykes to try . My first thought was making cakes !! Who doesn’t like cakes. I’m no Marry Berry but thought I would give it a go . Simple cupcakes carnt really go wrong. So here it goes !
- 110g butter ,
- 110g caster sugar,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tbs vanilla extract,
- 110g self raising flour,
- 1-2 tbs milk.
For the buttercream icing
- 140g softened butter,
- 280g icing sugar,
- 1-2 tbs milk
- Few drops of food colouring.
- Muffin tray,
This is such an easy recipe and great to do with children as only takes less than 30 minutes for preparation.
1. First of all you will need to pre heat your oven at 180c and place the muffin cases into the muffin tray.
2. Cream both the sugar and the butter in a bowl . Then beat the eggs in slowly and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Add in the flour using a metal spoon and add in the milk until the mixture is at a dropping consistency.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and place in the oven And cook for around 10-15 minutes.
2. Add in the rest of the icing sugar And milk if needed and mix until nice and smooth.
We were also sent some salted butter to try and there is nothing better than salted butter on toast . The Wykes salted butter didn’t disappoint.
* we were sent the Wykes salted and unsalted butter for free in return for an honest review . All other products shown above were purchased by myself *