We have teamed up with The Mad House to join in with the kid made Christmas card series. After working in nursery’s now for many a years I have done a lot of different Christmas card designs . The designs that I think are the best for little ones are footprint Christmas cards. So I thought I would show you how to create these supper easy but effective Christmas cards.
What will need to create your footprint Christmas cards.
- Paint ( black,white,red and brown),
- Paint brushes,
- Sticky labels,
- Felt pens,
- And of course Glitter !! What would a Christmas card be without glitter
How to create your penguin footprint Christmas card
- First of all fold your card in half and let your little one paint it blue,
- Then paint your little ones foot white and place on the card. Making sure that their heel is at the top,
- Depending on the age of your child you may have to help them with this next step . You need to go around the edge of your white footprint with black paint. Don’t worry if your white paint is still wet it looks nice when it turns grey in parts.
- Next on the sticky label draw two eyes and a beak and cut them out. Then let your child place them where they think they should go . Let them put them wherever they want. it looks really cute when you know the child has done it ,even if the penguins has an eye on its tummy .
- That’s it done !! Takes all of 5 minutes and looks adorable.
How to create a reindeer footprint Christmas card.
- Start by folding your card in half ,
- Then paint your little ones foot brown and place on the card . Making sure their heel is at the top.
- Then leave to dry . This shouldn’t take to long as the paint won’t be thick on the card .
- Once dry either you or your child will need to draw antlers onto the reindeer using a brown felt tip pen.
- Next you will need to add-on a big red nose . I did this by using a red felt pen and added red glitter glue on the top .
- Lastly draw two eyes on a sticky label and then place onto your reindeer’s face.
Two really simple ideas and take no time at all I was able to do 20 in 20 minutes !
You might also want to check out these awesome cards from Daiseys & Pie. Not only has she shown you how to make an adorable card it also has a detachable tree decoration.
Follow me on :