Off and on since Ava was little she has had nappy rash. Most recently she had a bad case of thrush and every time I wiped her with her normal wipes she would wince in pain. So I changed what I was doing and started to use water and cotton wool . This can be such a faff, especially if your out and about. This is when I started looking for an alternative and came across Water Wipes. These wipes were a game changer and now the lovely people over at Water Wipes have sent me some to review on my blog.
This wasn’t the first time I had used Water Wipes. When I was packing my hospital bag a friend of mine told me to get some just incase I had to stay in hospital and wasn’t able to get to the shower. Thankfully I listened to her. As I had a C-section I had to stay in a few days and these wipes kept me feeling fresh and clean. Until I could have a proper shower in the comfort of my own home
Why we love Water Wipes.
- I Always make sure that the products I buy for Ava contain no nasties. Well Water Wipes contain 99.9% water and 0.1% fruit extract.
- They are full of moisture which is great and I have also found it means I use less wipes.
- We do Baby led weaning which if you have ever done baby led weaning you will know it can be a messy affair. These wipes make cleaning up after mealtimes quick and easy.
- They are a great size which stops any mess getting on your hands especially if your cleaning up a messy poo this is a bonus.
- The wipes are really strong meaning they don’t come apart.
- They are fab for those horrid Weetabix poo’s that stick to their skin like cement. I know you have all had to deal with this. You end using half a packet of wipes trying to get it off their skin. Well I found Water Wipes make easy work of this and I only used a few wipes.
I did find that some of the packets had more moisture in the wipes than others. So this left Ava a little damp after cleaning her, so sometimes I did have to pat her dry. This hasn’t put me off the wipes and I would rather them have too much moisture than too little.
They have also done a handy little travel size packet . These have been so handy, especially when on the nursery run. This is normally the time when Ava spreads snot across her face and I don’t have any wipes on me. Not wanting her to look unkempt I normally use anything to hand to clean her face. Well not anymore as I have these in my car at all times.
Yes they may be a bit more pricey than your normal brand of wipes. But you have to remember that you are paying for a completely natural product and I think they are totally worth the money.
*I was sent a sample of Water Wipes for free in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own*